“You know, I’m thinking for this, we need a slightly different skill set”
Mermaid Dreams by Victor Nizovtsev
Very exciting: Over 27 prestigious institutions in the running to lead NYC’s next engineering school.
In December, Mayor Bloomberg issued a challenge to help diversify the City’s economy and boost the growing technology sector by developing a new applied science and engineering research campus in New York City. This week, we formally received 18 proposals from 27 academic institutions around the world to develop the new applied sciences campus.
The institutions that submitted the responses are:
- Åbo Akadmi University, Finland
- Amity University, India
- Carnegie Mellon University with Steiner Studios
- Cornell University
- Columbia University and the City University of New York
- The Cooper Union
- École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Korea
- New York University, Carnegie Mellon, the City University of New York, the University of Toronto, and IBM
- The New York Genome Center, with Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York University, Rockefeller University, and the Jackson Laboratory
- Purdue University
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Stanford University
- The Stevens Institute of Technology
- Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Israel
- The University of Chicago
- The University of Warwick, United Kingdom
Governor’s Island, one of the possible sites for the new applied sciences campus.
xochitl used his entire lunch break to complain to his uninterested coworkers about the national album
[photo via ana p]
(via Donna Loren)
Great quote… Nice work.
Typography design I created for my Computer Imaging class. Enjoy!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.